South London Area Quaker Meeting is part of the
Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
It consists of five neighbouring Quaker meetings in Central South London and North
Surrey - Croydon, Epsom, Purley, Streatham & Brixton, and Sutton.
All hold a meeting for worship every Sunday morning - some at their own meeting-houses,
others in rented premises. They're open to everyone and you're welcome to take
part without prior notice. Most have special arrangements for children.
With deep regret we have decided to suspend all normal meetings for worship and
other in-person gatherings until further notice.
Croydon and Sutton are both organising Meetings for Worship to be held via Zoom.
We hope to make them as much like normal Sunday meeting as possible - arrive any time from 10:00,
worship 10:30 to 11:30, then notices and chat afterwards - but you will have to supply your own
How to connect to Croydon:
- My machine is Zoom-capable, ie. it has a user-facing camera, microphone and
speaker / headphone socket but Zoom is not installed. Click on:
Once Zoom has been installed you will be asked to “enter meeting password”.
Simply enter digit zero: 0
- My machine is Zoom-capable and Zoom is already installed. Go into Zoom and join
786 763 002
Below the Meeting Id input is an input for “Your Name”.
If this shows something like iPad or Galaxy S7, change it!
For meeting password simply enter digit zero: 0
- My machine is not Zoom-capable.
- If you do not have Zoom installed follow the instructions at 1. above.
Or if you have it installed go to the meeting as per 2. above.
- A box will then ask you to “choose one of the audio conference options”.
Select Phone Call.
- Pick up your phone, dial one of the numbers displayed and follow the prompts to enter:
- Meeting Id: 786763002#
- Participant Id. # [just hash]
- Password: 0# [zero hash]
- You can see everyone on the screen while hearing what’s going on through the phone.
- It is normal to mute your phone, so everyone does not hear each other’s
background noises. Remember to unmute if you want to speak.
- My only means of communcicating is a POTS phone(POTS
= plain old telephone service - but not so old that it has a rotary dial!).
For those not familiar with using Zoom, I do recommend the advice on
the Woodbrooke website at woodbrooke.org.uk/about/online-mfw/Online-worship-advice
For further details or instructions contact Roger W. Haworth on 07754 469 167.